Saturday, November 19, 2011

Heartbreak Hill!?!? Let me at it!

This is a nice article regarding the Malibu Marathon.

Malibu Times > Archives > Malibu Life > Malibu International Marathon a success

I'd like to point out this section:

D.J. Palmer of Washington, D.C., captured 1st place in the full marathon with a personal best time of 2:42:45. Palmer, 26, had only previously raced in the Boston Marathon and Richmond Marathon.

“Miles 19 to 24 were brutal,” Palmer said after the event. “I've run the Boston Marathon before. Everyone talks about how bad Heartbreak Hill is. Those hills in Boston are nothing compared to these ones. It was rough, but I stayed mentally strong. I summoned a lot of energy and strength the last couple miles. I stayed calm and collected and worked on race management.”


I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment